29 Dec Happy New Years!
It’s time again for you to decide on your new year’s resolutions for 2017. What goals will you set for yourself this year? Will you resolve to the same ones you did last year or the year before? Maybe you’ll chose the popular ones like; lose weight, exercise more, eat healthy, quit smoking, spend more time with the one’s you love, set a budget, or advance your career. How about trying something different and more attainable this year?
Here are a few suggestions.
Pay it forward
- Pay for someone’s coffee in line with you.
- Give a sandwich, socks, or a practical item to a homeless person.
- Mow your neighbor’s lawn or snow blow their driveway.
- Compliment your coworkers.
- Donate to your favorite charity.
- Send a card.
- Smile to a stranger.
- Give to your local food pantry.
Live a better life
- Take a walk.
- Carve out 10 minutes of quite time a day (no electronics).
- Call your mother.
- Make 1 new friend.
- Go for your annual doctor visits.
- Test out your local church.
- Make time for a fun, physical activity (hiking, dancing, bowling, etc.).
- Have dinner around your table with family once a week. No phones.
Help the environment
- Drink from reusable water bottles.
- Buy locally grown.
- Bike or walk when possible.
- Cut back on paper and plastic; use your silverware and dishes.
- Bring your own bag to the grocery store.
- Turn off lights when you’re not in the room.
- Don’t let the water run when brushing your teeth.