24 Oct Are You Haunted by Stress at Work?
Most everyone experiences stress in the workplace at some time or another. There are deadlines to be met, long work hours, personality conflicts with co-workers, and budget cuts resulting in job insecurity, and this is just a few stressful situations. Although no one can eliminate workplace stress completely, it’s a good idea to be aware of these possible warning signs that the stress is affecting you physically and emotionally.
- depression or anxiety
- illness, such as stomach issues or back pain
- constantly feeling overwhelmed
- weight fluctuation
The good news is once you recognize these red flags you can take the following steps to manage the stress.
- Plan and prioritize your work load. Try to stick to the plan and not get sidetracked.
- Set realistic goals about what you can accomplish. This can be done on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Slow down and always think things through before you act.
- Power down after work. Do not check e-mails or voice mails after hours if at all possible.
- Ask for help when you need it. Do not rely solely on yourself.
- Take a break during the day. Even a quick ten minute walk can alleviate stress.
If you continue to have concerns about persistent stress, consider discussing it with your health care provider for other healthy ways of coping.
Source; 2016-2017 Zywave, Inc.
Did you enjoy this blog? Subscribe now to receive more!
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your medical professional or legal representative for information specific to your needs.