18 Dec Spreading Joy to the World
Christmas should be a happy season. As you’re out and about, take a look at the faces of those you come across. Are you seeing much joy? Do you feel joyful? They say the joy is in the giving. Spreading joy doesn’t have to be costly; it only needs to be heartfelt.
- Order two cups of coffee and give one to a stranger
- Send a thoughtful card
- Keep spare change ready for the bucket
- Write a letter to an inmate
- Hand out socks or gloves to the homeless
Build Relationships in your Community
- Visit an elderly person in your neighborhood
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway
- Have your neighbors over for coffee
- Volunteer at your local hospital
- Deliver meals to shut-ins
- Invite someone to a Christmas service
Reach Out to the World
- Pack meals to be distributed internationally (Feed My Starving Children, www.fmsc.org)
- Give money to an orphanage (Uganda Orphanage Relief Fund, www.uorf.org)
- Support sustainable farming in another country by donating an animal (Heifer International, www.heifer.org)
- Volunteer for a mission trip with your church or community (World Renew, www.worldrenew.net)
- Donate your resources to one of these or a charity of your choice
There are so many ways to spread joy this season and throughout the year we couldn’t possibly name all of them. Find your own personal way to “Spread the Joy!”
Want to save money? Let us help you.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your medical professional or legal representative for information specific to your needs.