05 Oct My Homeowners Insurance Covers WHAT??
We all know that a standard homeowner’s policy protects us if there is damage to our house by fire, hail or wind. But what else does it cover that I haven’t thought of?
• An explosion? While neighborhood explosions aren’t as common here as they are in the Marvel Universe, if there is an explosion in your home, say from a gas leak, it would be covered.
• Meteors? If, by chance, your home is damaged by a falling meteor or other space-related debris you’d be covered. Maybe not Armageddon size, though.
• Plane crash? What are the odds that a plane would crash into your house? I doubt you lay awake at night worrying about such things, but if it DOES happen your homeowner’s policy would cover it.
• Car crash? Now this one you’ve actually probably seen happen on the news. Hopefully it never happens to you, but if it does…you’d be covered.
Now, there are a few things that are NOT covered that you should be aware of.
• Floods. These are not covered by a standard policy, but if you live in a flood plain it’s highly recommended you purchase flood insurance.
• Earthquakes and sinkholes. These are also not covered by a standard policy.
So you may not need to worry about a Hollywood-size disaster, but you should be sure to know which disasters your homeowner’s policy cover. Give your agent a call.
Want to save money? Let us help you.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your medical professional or legal representative for information specific to your needs.