15 Nov Thankful for 2020, You’ve Got to be Kidding!
2020 is coming to an end! Hooray! We have all been through a lot this past year and we’re ready to have this year over and done. Many have suffered loss of one kind or another due to Covid-19, and we’re all living “the new normal,” whatever that is. However, November is the month to give thanks and reflect on the good we have experienced in the past year. Yes, we all have things we are thankful for so let’s focus on those things this month!
Once again, I have asked my coworkers to share with me a few things they have been grateful for in 2020 and here’s what they said:
2. The ability and technology to work remotely
3. Jigsaw puzzles and books
4. I am blessed to be born in the best country in the world, imperfect as it is
5. I am grateful to live in an era of medical technology that allows me to swallow a camera. When was the last time you heard of exploratory surgery, which is a term I heard as a child?
6. Thankful my college kids are able to be at school
7. I’m thankful that in the midst of Covid, life seemed to slow down for a moment and our family was able to spend a lot of time together
8. I’m thankful for work at The VanDyke Group and that we were able to persist through the “pandemic”
9. The stimulus check was nice
10. We moved into our new house in February and have been very thankful for a large outdoor space to enjoy during quarantine
11. Thankful that our kids were able to go back to on-campus learning
12. Amazon deliveries
13. Walks in nature
15. My church
16. People that love and respect one another, no matter what their differences are
No matter what the remainder of 2020 brings, let’s focus on being thankful!